Infoblox & vRealize Automation, Install Infoblox IPAM plugin
This is Part 2 of setting up the native Infoblox IPAM integration with VMware vRealize Automation. In this blogpost I will show you how to install the Infoblox IPAM plugin in VMware vRealize Orchestrator.
Install plugin in VMware vRealize Orchestrator
Enabling Embedded VMware vRealize Orchestrator in VMware vRealize Appliance
1. Log on to the VMware vRealize Appliance on Console as root and run the command:
2. To make sure service is started when the appliance boots up, run the command:
Install Infoblox IPAM Plugin in VMware vRO
- Log on to the VMware vRealize Orchestrator Control center -> https://<vra-appliance-name>
- Click on vRealize Orchestrator Control Center and login with the username “root” and the password used during setup.
- Click on the Manage Plug-ins button.
- Click “BROWSE”.
- Traverse to the location of the plugin. The plugin file will use a .dar extension.
- Select the plugin file and click “Open”.
- Click “INSTALL”.
- Click “SAVE CHANGES” to commit the plugin installation.
- Verify that the Infoblox Plugin now shows in the Plug-in list.
- Click on “VM” button to go back to home screen.
- Click on “Certificates”.
- Click on the “IMPORT” menu and select Import from URL.
- Type the URL for your NIOS appliance and then click IMPORT.
- Click “IMPORT”.
- Verify that the NIOS certificate is now displayed in the Trusted SSL certificates list.
- Click on the VM button to return to the Orchestrator Control Center home page.
- Click “RESTART” to restart the vRealize Orchestrator service. Note: this process may take couple of minutes to complete.
Now, go to Part 3 for how to setup the IPAM Endpoint.
Other articles in the series vRealize Automation:
- Infoblox & vRealize Automation, Setup IPAM endpoint
- Infoblox & vRealize Automation, Install Infoblox IPAM plugin
- Setup provisioning of vCloud Air workloads
- Setup a vCloud Air Endpoint in vRealize Automation
- Setup Postgres database high availability for vRealize Automation
- Setup vRealize Automation Cost profiles & currency
- Speed up vRealize Automation life cycle updates
- Configure vRealize Automation not to delete virtual machines
- Track infrastructure changes with vRealize Automation Data Collection
- MS SQL high availability support for vRealize Automation
- Setup the vRealize Automation prerequisites for IaaS
- vRealize Automation: How to …
- Downgrade the vRealize Automation license
- vRealize Automation 7 – New Architecture & Installation
- vRealize Automation 7 – Improved Authentication
- vRealize Automation 7 – Converged Blueprints
- vRealize Automation 7 – LifeCycle Extensibility
- How to transfer vRealize Automation payload to Orchestrator
- Automation is not difficult with vRealize Automation 7
- vRA custom host name using Orchestrator and Event Broker
- How to deliver Database-as-a-Service with vRealize Automation
- Prepare Windows for vRA software deployment
- Missing endpoints after upgrading to vRealize Automation 7.3
- How to run Containers as a Service – Part 1
- How to run Containers as a Service – Part 2
- Infoblox & vRealize Automation, IP Address Management (IPAM) made easy
- How to run Containers as a Service – Secure Docker communications
- Create a new database user using vRealize Automation XaaS
- Infoblox & vRealize Automation, Infoblox NIOS setup
- Infoblox & vRealize Automation, vRA setup
- vRealize Automation failed requests monitoring
- vRealize Automation 7.2 released
- How to specify a deployment target when using vRealize Automation
- vRealize Suite just became a lot easier with Lifecycle Manager
- vRealize Orchestrator Cisco UCS Plugin is available now by Erik Scholten
- vRealize Orchestrator Puppet plugin is available now by Erik Scholten
- VMware releases vRealize Orchestrator plug-in for… by Erik Scholten
- Blue Medora vRO plugin for F5 BIG-IP by Sander Martijn
- VMware released Update 1 for vSphere 6 and much much more by Alex Muetstege
Dimitri de Swart
Dimitri is an IT professional with more than 16 years of experience. He now works for VMware as a Cloud Management Specialist SE but started out as a Telecom Engineer and progressed to a experienced and skilled Pre-sales Consultant/Solution Architect with broad and in-depth knowledge of SDDC solutions, Private-, Public- and Hybrid Cloud. Dimitri is VMware VSP, VTSP, VCP and VCAP certified.