Missing endpoints after upgrading to vRealize Automation 7.3
Besides adding a ton of new features, some customers have reported missing endpoints after a successful upgrade to the new vRealize Automation 7.3 which was released May 16, 2017. In the Infrastructure tab, Endpoints page does not show any or only few endpoint types and endpoints are missing and in the Management Agent log located at C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\vCAC\Management Agent\Logs on the primary Model Manager Web node, you see entries similar to:
##Upgrading Infrastructure Endpoints to Endpoint Configuration Service equivalent in Cafe
"C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\vCAC\Server\Model Manager Data\Cafe\Vcac-Config.exe" UpgradeEndpoints -v
Starting upgrade for endpoint . [ID : b167a417-ee4d-48b3-9742-21868aee04bf] [Name : AWS]
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> VMware.Cafe.JsonResponseException: System exception.
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
To resolve the missing endpoints issue
- Log in to the primary IaaS Model Manager Windows machine. Note:The primary IaaS Model Manager Windows machine is the machine that has the C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\vCAC\Server\Model Manager Data folder.
- Open command prompt in Administrator mode.
- Run these commands in the same order:
- cd C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\vCAC\Server\Model Manager Data\Cafe
- vcac-config.exe RegisterCatalogTypesAsync -v
- vcac-config.exe UpgradeEndpoints -v
- Downgrade the vRealize Automation license by Erik Scholten
- Speed up vRealize Automation life cycle updates by Erik Scholten
- vRealize Automation 7 – New Architecture &… by Erik Scholten
- Configure vRealize Automation not to delete virtual machines by Erik Scholten
- Setup a vCloud Air Endpoint in vRealize Automation by Erik Scholten