Monitor JBoss EAP with vRealize Operations
VMware is working hard to provide more and more application management plugins for vRealize Operations. In previous versions vRealize Hyperic was used to perform application monitoring, with the newer versions of vRealize Operations this is done using the EndPoint Operations agent (EPOPS agent). Application specific intelligence is added using management packs. To monitor JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) you can now use the new JBoss EAP Solution for vRealize Operations Manager.
- Auto-Discover your JBoss EAP environment.
- Obtain specific metrics on JBoss EAP servers and Java applications.
- Easy root-cause analysis once problems are detected.
The JBoss Solution plug-in discovers and collects metrics for the following objects:
- JBossEAP Host Controller.
- JBossEAP Server.
- JBossEAP Server Datasource.
- JBossEAP Server Connector.
- JBossEAP Server Deployment.
- JBossEAP Server Web Service Endpoint.
- JBossEAP Server Thread Pool.
- JBossEAP Server JMS Queue.
- JBossEAP Server JMS Topic.
- vRealize Operations 6.4.
- JBoss EAP 6.x and 7.x.
Other articles in the series vRealize Operations:
- Introduction of vRealize Operations 6.0
- Hands-on lab: Cloud Management with vRealize Operations
- vRealize Automation Management Pack for vRealize Operations Manager available now
- Cisco releases UCS Manager Management Pack for vRealize Operations
- vRealize Operations 6.2 released
- Monitor vCenter Server appliance with the End-Point Operations Agent
- Monitor Windows services with the End-Point Operations Agent
- vRealize Operations: Adding an OS Monitor Script
- Monitor hybrid, multi-cloud architectures with the new Microsoft Azure Management Pack for vROPS
- vRealize Operations 6.6: You need this!
- Monitor JBoss EAP with vRealize Operations
- Monitor Microsoft Exchange with vRealize Operations Manager
- vCenter Operations Manager for View
- How to monitor your VMware SDDC Management health?
- DRS got even smarter with Predictive DRS
- Why you want to discover services in your environment
- Monitor Microsoft Exchange with vRealize Operations Manager by Erik Scholten
- How to monitor your VMware SDDC Management health? by Erik Scholten
- vRealize Operations Manager Content Pack for Log Insight by Erik Scholten
- Monitor vCenter Server appliance with the End-Point… by Erik Scholten
- vRealize Automation Management Pack for vRealize Operations… by Erik Scholten
The founder and driving force behind VMGuru. With over 20 years experience in IT, he now works as a Cloud Management Specialist at VMware Benelux. He worked as technical consultant, pre-sales and solutions architect for several systems integrators.
He’s a long time VMware VCP, VCP Desktop, VCA, VSP and VTSP, vExpert Cloud (2017) and 9 year vExpert (2009 – 2017).