vRealize Operations 6.2 released
Today, vRealize Operations (a.k.a. vROPS) version 6.2 was released. This has been a long awaited update. vRealize Operations 6.2 is the latest release of the VMware integrated vRealize Operations Suite. Updates cover all major areas of the product including installation, configuration, licensing, alerting, dashboards, reports, and policies. We looked at the release notes and this is what you need to know.
What’s new in vRealize Operations 6.2?
- Enhanced Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) Integration. vRealize Operations now offers enhanced integration with the vCenter Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) when making and executing workload placement recommendations. The vRealize Operations Manager analytics determine cross-cluster placement opportunities, while vCenter Distributed Resource Scheduler determines the best destination within clusters. The enhanced integration uses all DRS rules, constraints, and enterprise-class capabilities.
- New Workload Utilization Dashboard. The Workload Utilization Dashboard enables you to see the object workload utilization for Cluster, DataCenter, and Custom DataCenter containers. The new dashboard incorporates an updated Utilization widget, capable of operating in either a capacity or workload utilization mode.
- Ability to Import Single Sign-On Users. As an Administrator, you can now add and authorize new users for vRealize Operations Manager by importing them from a Single Sign-On source.
- Telemetry Enablement on Upgrade. This release includes a one-time dialog after you upgrade that allows you to participate in the VMware Customer Experience Improvement Program. This program collects anonymous product configuration and usage data to enhance future versions of vRealize Operations.
- Portable Licensing. The portable licensing feature adds the ability for customers to license use of the product in vSphere as well as non-vSphere environments.
vRealize Operations 6.2 Compatibility
This vRealize Operations Manager release is compatible with the following VMware products:
- VMware vCenter Server 4.0 Update 2 and later, managing hosts running ESX/ESXi 4.0 and later.
- vRealize Infrastructure Navigator 5.8 and later.
- vRealize Configuration Manager 5.6, 5.7.x, and 5.8.
- vRealize Operations Manager for Horizon 6.1.0.
- vRealize Hyperic 5.8.4.
This vRealize Operations Manager release supports all current web browsers, although only the following browsers have been tested with this release:
- Google Chrome: Version 46 and 47.
- Mozilla Firefox: Version 42 and 43.
- Safari: Version 9.
- Internet Explorer: Version 11.
- Slower performance has been observed on Internet Explorer 10 or 11.
- The minimum supported resolution is 1024 x 768.
vRealize Operations v6.2 is available for download now. It can be found here.
Check out the rest of the releasenotes here
Other articles in the series vRealize Operations:
- Introduction of vRealize Operations 6.0
- Hands-on lab: Cloud Management with vRealize Operations
- vRealize Automation Management Pack for vRealize Operations Manager is available now
- Cisco releases UCS Manager Management Pack for vRealize Operations
- vRealize Operations 6.2 released
- Monitor vCenter Server appliance with the End-Point Operations Agent
- Monitor Windows services with the End-Point Operations Agent
- vRealize Operations: Adding an OS Monitor Script
- Monitor hybrid, multi-cloud architectures with the new Microsoft Azure Management Pack for vROPS
- vRealize Automation Management Pack for vRealize Operations… by Erik Scholten
- VMware released Update 1 for vSphere 6 and much much more by Alex Muetstege
- VMware vRealize Rebranding by Edwin Weijdema
- Cisco releases UCS Manager Management Pack for vRealize… by Alex Muetstege
- Hands-on lab: Cloud Management with vRealize Operations by Sander Martijn