VMware releases vROPs management pack for OpenStack 1.5
VMware continues to invest in OpenStack with the vROPs management pack for OpenStack 1.5. The vROPs management pack for OpenStack provides comprehensive operational capabilities for managing an OpenStack environment. It provides out of the box dashboards, reports, inventory views, and alerts complete with remediation actions.
The management pack works with VMware’s own VMware Integrated OpenStack distribution as well as any other OpenStack cloud built using the recent OpenStack Icehouse release. The management pack supports deployments that leverage vSphere as well as other OpenStack-compatible hypervisors.
- Health, Risk and Efficiency monitoring for OpenStack objects.
- Problem detection and remediation for OpenStack infrastructure and tenants.
- Reporting templates for activity, capacity and issue frequency.
- OpenStack compute, storage and network infrastructure analytics.
- OpenStack Controller Services Dashboard.
- Correlation of OpenStack Controllers to vSphere VMs.
- Services availability monitoring.
So, what’s new? This release includes the following features:
- Add Heat Service support to Hyperic Agent and Management Pack.
- Add VIO Manager Services support to Hyperic Agent and Management Pack.
- Support for vSphere DVS.
- Correlate NSX-V infrastructure and logical network services with NSX-V Management Pack.
- Confirm scale of 3,000 objects on VIO environment.
- Confirm continued NSX-MH support.
The vROPs management pack for OpenStack works with the following products:
- Management Pack for NSX for Multi-Hypervisor (optional, for correlation to NSX for Multi-Hypervisor infrastructure).
- Management Pack for NSX for vSphere (optional, for correlation to NSX for vShpere infrastructure).
- OpenStack Icehouse.
- vRealize Hyperic (optional, for Cloud Controller Process monitoring).
- vRealize Log Insight (optional, for integration into logs).
- VMware Integrated OpenStack by Erik Scholten
- VMware released Update 1 for vSphere 6 and much much more by Alex Muetstege
- vRealize Automation Management Pack for vRealize Operations… by Erik Scholten
- Cisco releases UCS Manager Management Pack for vRealize… by Alex Muetstege
- VMworld 2014 Day 1 Highlights by Erik Scholten
The founder and driving force behind VMGuru. With over 20 years experience in IT, he now works as a Cloud Management Specialist at VMware Benelux. He worked as technical consultant, pre-sales and solutions architect for several systems integrators.
He’s a long time VMware VCP Data Center Virtualization, VCP Desktop, VCP Cloud Management & Automation, VCA, VSP and VTSP, vExpert Cloud (2017) and 9 year vExpert (2009 – 2017).