VMworld Europe 2014 Day 1 Highlights
Today was the official kickoff of VMworld 2014 in Europe which started with the general session. During VMworld in the USA the announcement was made for:
- VMware vCloud Suite 5.8
- vSphere 6.0 Beta
- Virtual Volumes & Virtual SAN 2.0 Beta
- VMware EVO: Rail Hyper-converged Infrastructure
- Launch of VMware NSX 6.1
- vRealize Air Automation
- VMware integrated OpenStack
During the general session in Europe they also made some new announcements:
- vRealize Operations 6.0: Is the new re-branded version of vCenter Operation Manager (article describing my hands-on lab experience can be found here).
- vRealize Air compliance: Quickly and easily automate the detection of non-compliant infrastructure against industry best practices, hardening guidelines and regulatory compliance policies.
- vRealize Code Stream: A solution for Continuous Delivery of software. vRealize Code Stream will enable customers to rapidly release software from development to production environments, while reducing operational risk.
- HP and Hitatchi data systems are added as partners for VMware EVO.
- Palo Alto networks and VMware NSX partnership.
- The footprint of vCloud Air is extended with the addition of Germany.
- Horizon Flex: Provides the flexibility IT needs to serve BYO users, Mac users, contractors and road warriors – while ensuring security, control and compliance of the corporate desktop.
- HP and VMware are now working together on Enterprise Mobility.
During the general session they also showed a short movie. In this movie Google and Nvidia explain shortly their partnership with VMware on delivering high end graphics to virtual desktops.
The live blog of the presentation including pictures can be found here.
And just like in USA Eric and Jeremy are presenting VMworld TV. Have a look at their first day highlights below.
Sander Martijn is a Technical Professional for Conoscenza in The Netherlands. As a Technical Professional he works for different clients, building, troubleshooting and managing ICT infrastructures. He is a certified VMware VCP-DCV, VCP-DTM, several VSP and VTSP. Since 2015 he has been awarded vExpert status.