VMware Fling – XenApp2Horizon
And again a new VMware Fling – XenApp2Horizon.
Fresh from the VMware labs, this time it’s all about migrating published applications and desktops from Citrix XenApp to Horizon View. One XenApp farm is migrated to one or more Horizon View farm(s). It’s called XenApp2Horizon.
XenApp2Horizon helps you:
- Validate the View agent status on RDS hosts (from View connection server, and XenApp server).
- Create farms.
- Validate application availability on RDS hosts.
- Migrate application/desktop to one or multiple farms (new or existing).
- Migrate entitlements to new or existing applications/desktops. Combination of application entitlements are supported.
- Check environment.
- Identify incompatible features and configuration.
- Horizon View 6
- XenApp 6.5, 6.0, or 5.0
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 7 or above. (JRE 7 is bundled in the tool)
Download the fling here
Check out the whole site here
Alex Muetstege works as a Technical Account Manager for VMware. In the past he worked presales and technical consultancy for several systems integrators. He has been involved in virtualization, especially with VMware, since the early days.
Alex is a certified VMware VCP, VSP and VTSP.
5 time VMware vExpert (2011-2017) and one time Cisco Champion (2015).