vKernel did it again: vOPS Server Explorer 6.3
VKernel, now under the Dell flag, just released version 6.3 of the vOPS Server Explorer freeware suite.Next to the already present tools Environment Explorer, SearchMyVM Explorer, and vScope Explorer they added two new utilities: Storage Explorer and Change Explorer.
Using the same analytics and advisory engine from the paid vOPS Server Standard product, all five of these utilities provide virtual administrators with a rapid assessment of the state of their environment, for free!
So what is Storage Explorer?
Storage Explorer assesses storage performance and capacity views across datastores and VMs that helps VM admins to get better visibility of their storage environment.
It has the following features:
- Identify critical datastore issues such as overcommitment, low capacity, high latency, VMFS version mismatch. Storage Explorer collects inventory and performance data from datastores and apply rules based on best practices to highlight if any critical conditions are found. Such examples includes overcommitment, low capacity and high latency. Other useful information includes VMFS version, storage path policy and number of VMs.
- Identify critical VM issues such as low available disk space, high latency and throughput Storage Explorer collects inventory and performance data from VMs and apply rules based on best practices to highlight if any critical conditions are found. Examples includes low available disk space, high latency and throughput.
- Allows user to sort on any metric to find specific issues relevant to them. Storage Explorer allows users to sort any dashboard based on their interest. This way focus can be shifted towards any specific need.
What is Change Explorer?
Change Explorer lists all changes that occurred to datacenters, clusters, resource pools, hosts, datastores and VMs within the last seven days with associated risk impact. It has the following features
- Lists all changes that occurred in the virtual environment Change Explorer keep tracks of changes occuring to datacenters, clusters, resource pools, hosts, datastores and VMs within the last seven days and associate them with risk impact.
- Allows user to filter on object name, user and type to find specific changes
- Number of changes also represented graphically over time to be able to see when they are occurring. This simplifies detection of high risk impact changes occurring outside of change window.
Improvements in Environment Explorer:
- VM Density
- Zombie VMs
- Rightsizing Savings
You can download your own free copy at http://www.vkernel.com/download/server-explorer
Who is VKernel
VKernel enables administrators to gain control over their virtual infrastructure by analyzing, providing advice and automating the operations required to manage virtualized infrastructure. Our award-winning software is simple to download, easy to use, and provides a rapid return on investment. VKernel is part of Dell.