Licensing Oracle in a virtualized environments
Licensing Oracle servers in a virtualized environment has always been a difficult issue. Edwin wrote an extensive article on that in the past. At VMworld 2012 in San Francisco an Oracle employee made some statements regarding Oracle licensing on VMworldTV but they were forced to withdraw the video. This is how difficult and complex it can be.
So VMworldTV got a lot of questions on that topic so Eric Sloof interviews a lawyer and a licensing consultant to try to answer this question. A must see if you are virtualizing Oracle workloads.
- How to properly license your infrastructure by Anne Jan Elsinga
- Virtualizing Oracle Databases on vSphere a book review by Edwin Weijdema
- Want to play truth or dare with the Oracle Sales force?… by Edwin Weijdema
- 7 Things You Should Know about licensing Windows 2012 R2 on… by Edwin Weijdema
- What’s new in vSphere 6 vCenter Server by Erik Scholten
The founder and driving force behind VMGuru. With over 20 years experience in IT, he now works as a Cloud Management Specialist at VMware Benelux. He worked as technical consultant, pre-sales and solutions architect for several systems integrators.
He’s a long time VMware VCP Data Center Virtualization, VCP Desktop, VCP Cloud Management & Automation, VCA, VSP and VTSP, vExpert Cloud (2017) and 9 year vExpert (2009 – 2017).