New vSphere client for iPad released
Today at VMworld Europe 2011 Partner day, VMware released a new version of their vSphere client for the iPad. Just in time for the real start of VMworld Europe 2011 in Copenhagen.
New in version 1.2 of the vSphere client for the iPad is:
- vMotion. The feature is available via Host & VM action menus. Virtual machines can also be two-finger flicked/dragged from the Host detail view to enter vMotion mode;
- Ability to email vMotion validation error details to others;
- View task progress reporting on VM cards;
- Ability to refresh vCenter host list;
- Support for ESX 3.5;
- Support for VMware vSphere 5.0.
Of course the vSphere client for iPad requires iOS 4.0 and vCMA, also version 1.2 in this case.
The founder and driving force behind VMGuru. With over 20 years experience in IT, he now works as a Cloud Management Specialist at VMware Benelux. He worked as technical consultant, pre-sales and solutions architect for several systems integrators.
He’s a long time VMware VCP, VCP Desktop, VCA, VSP and VTSP, vExpert Cloud (2017) and 9 year vExpert (2009 – 2017).