VMware announces vSphere 5
Today VMware had planned a webcast named ‘Raising the bar. Part V’. It was a public secret that they were going to announce VMware vSphere 5 and indeed they did. But on top of that VMware also new released new versions of vCloud Director (1.5), vCenter SRM (5.0) and vShield (5.0).
To accomplish this VMware has spent more than a million hours engineering and two million hours of quality assurance to deliver hundreds of additional capabilities which eventually became VMware vSphere 5.
- VMware vSphere 5 as the foundation to create the resource pools;
- vCenter SRM to deliver the Business Continuity;
- vCenter Operations to ensure the health of the environment;
- vShield Security to guard the infrastructures security;
- vCloud Director to deliver the self service ability.