VMware announces Horizon App Manager
Two of the challenges introduced by cloud, SaaS, web applications is that users need to remember many passwords, and that administrators need to create accounts for each employee for every internal and 3rd party application that the company uses.
Yesterday VMware has announced VMware Horizon App Manager which solves many of these problems.
VMware Horizon App Manager gives end users access to SaaS and Web applications across different devices while retaining control and visibility and ensuring compliance via policy-driven management. VMware Horizon App Manager lets you provision and entitle secure access to end users, track SaaS license activity, and get usage reports.
VMware Horizon App Manager lets enterprises manage and create account for every employee automatically (via internal or 3rd party APIs). Horizon App Manager also remembers all the passwords , just like Roboform or Lastpass would do. The employees can effectively use the App Manager as a HUB for their cloud activities.
- Users gain the freedom of easy, single sign-on (SSO) access to their cloud applications through the application portal;
- VMware Horizon App Manager provides a simple way for IT administrators to control entitlement and access to almost any cloud application through a centralized application catalog;
- VMware Horizon App Manager™ extends and federates existing on-premise identity infrastructure.
- VMware Horizon 6 available for download NOW by Alex Muetstege
- VMware for your Citrix environment by Anne Jan Elsinga
- VMware announces VMware Horizon 6 by Erik Scholten
- VMworld 2015: VMware announces VMware Identity Manager… by Erik Scholten
- Windows applications on Chromebook with BLAST by Erik Scholten