Orchestrator plugin for Active Directory released
For those of you that don’t know what VMware Orchestrator is:
VMware vCenter Orchestrator provides out of the box workflows that can help administrators automate existing manual tasks. Administrators can utilize sample workflows from VMware vCenter Orchestrator’s workflow library and provide a blueprint for creating additional workflows.
VMware vCenter Orchestrator exposes the building blocks to enable more detailed workflows to be created for VMware vSphere.
- Easily drag and drop components into workflows
- Automate any of the over 800 tasks possible withinVMware vCenter Server (create vm, start vm, clone vm, etc.)
- Link VMware Infrastructure technologies and capabilities together instead of using manual steps
- Simplify your cloud management using the VMware vCenter Orchestrator Plug-in for vCloud Director by automating routine tasks, building workflows, and scripting complex operations across multiple products with ease.
The plugin contains the following workflows:
- Create a computer in a group or OU
- Delete a computer
- Enable or disable a computer
- Create or delete an OU
- Create a user in an OU or group, with or without password
- Add or remove a user from a group
- Delete a user
- Change password for a user
- Enable or disable a user
- Add or remove users, groups or computers to and from a group
- Create or remove a user group in a group or OU
- Favorites Management, like add or remove a favorite computer, OU or group
The plugin can be installed by going to the Orchestrator Configuration website, install the plugin (install application) and restart Orchestrator. If you published the web operator you can start using these workflows from your browser right away.
If you want to try out VMware Orchestrator, no problem. Orchestrator is included with vCenter. Check out the documentation and start automating your IT infrastructure.
Right now the following plugins are available from the VMware site:
With this plugin VMware gets a little closer to a holistic view on management for your entire IT infrastructure.
- vRealize Orchestrator Cisco UCS Plugin is available now by Erik Scholten
- VMware releases vRealize Orchestrator plug-in for vSphere… by Erik Scholten
- vRealize Orchestrator Puppet plugin is available now by Erik Scholten
- Blue Medora vRO plugin for F5 BIG-IP by Sander Martijn
- VMware Fling – Wavemaker Integration for vCenter… by Erik Scholten
Anne Jan Elsinga
Anne Jan Elsinga is a Technical Account Manager for VMware. In the past he worked as presales and technical consultancy and architecture for several systems integrators. From 2009 until 2017 he was awarded with the VMware vExpert status. In the night time he dances latin, ballroom and salsa and he also discovered the pleasure of diving and woodworking. Recently he started blogging about smart homes and comfort in general.