Comparing RemoteFX to RDP, ICA/HDX, EOP and PCoIP
One of my coworkers pointed me to a video from this years Tech-Ed Europe about VDI protocols. Bernhard Tritsch did an interesting comparison between the different remote protocols used in today’s VDI solutions. In a 60 minute session Bernhard explains the differences between location (host vs client), type (hardware vs software) rendering and compression types (lossless vs lossy).
Although the results aren’t that good for PCoIP (software version) it still is a very interesting video.
Update: Unfortunately the video isn’t working anymore
- VMworld Europe 2014 General Session Live (day 2) by Edwin Weijdema
- VMworld Europe 2014 General Session – Live by Edwin Weijdema
- VMware Horizon View graphics – vSGA vs vDGA by Erik Scholten
- VMworld Europe 2014 General Session Wednesday Replay by Edwin Weijdema
- VMworld Europe 2014 General Session Replay by Edwin Weijdema
Anne Jan Elsinga
Anne Jan Elsinga is a Technical Account Manager for VMware. In the past he worked as presales and technical consultancy and architecture for several systems integrators. From 2009 until 2017 he was awarded with the VMware vExpert status. In the night time he dances latin, ballroom and salsa and he also discovered the pleasure of diving and woodworking. Recently he started blogging about smart homes and comfort in general.