VMware Visio Stencil for vSphere 4 manuals
While designing and writing administrator guides, I often use pictures instead of words. In my opinion: a picture says more then 1000 words. When VMware vSphere 4 went live I started collecting pictures from Sphere and the Virtual Infrastructure client, I combined them in a Microsoft Visio 2007 shape so I could track off them and use them more often in pictures and designs accompanying virtual infrastructures.
Using them in memo style documents to tackle known issues or incorrect handling is quit effective. Also with the new menu driven style of the vSphere VI Client combined with VMware vCenter Server some administrators are looking for the right path to get to the correct content.
This Visio stencil is a combination of different icons, shape and such. You can design a Host and Clusters drill down with it or use components to use in manuals or troubleshooting documents.
Download the Microsoft Visio Stencil VMware_VMGuru_stencil_v2.0.
- 7 Things You Should Know about licensing Windows 2012 R2 on… by Edwin Weijdema
- StarWind compared to VMware and Hyper-V by Sander Martijn
- No internet connection results in slow vSphere client… by Sander Martijn
- vSphere 6.5 General Available Today! by Alex Muetstege
- Managing Amazon EC2 VMs from the vSphere client by Anne Jan Elsinga