WAN optimization for VMware View 4.0 PCoIP
Although PCoIP is very efficient display protocol also over WAN connection. (See video demonstration on Vimeo ) there was still the leak of a good WAN optimization solution for VMware View 4.0.
We all know that the user experience will heavily benefit if we can control the WAN traffic. As we know the PCoIP uses both TCP and UDP transport protocols. All of the WAN optimization solutions support TCP. But UDP is not broadly supported with the WAN optimization solutions.
That changes because Expand Networks provide immediate support for all VMware View 4 remote display protocols across the Expand’s Accelerator range of WAN optimization solutions to securely enable, accelerate and control VMware View over the WAN, including the PCoIP protocol.
The benefits that Expand’s solution brings to VMware View include support for:
– Securely enable transport of PCoIP within standard or advanced tunneling options (Advanced Encryption Standard (AES256), Firewall Transparency and Router Transparency Modes) eliminating the potential need to reconfigure firewalls.
– Apply QoS to control PCoIP traffic flow and assure end-user experience
– Prioritize VMware ThinApp traffic over the WAN using QoS techniques
– Multimedia traffic that is redirected can be compressed, accelerated and prioritized with QoS
– Ensure that video or voice traffic gains the priority and bandwidth it requires over the WAN
– Accelerate, compress and control redirected USB-connected device traffic with QoS
Anne Jan Elsinga
Anne Jan Elsinga is a Technical Account Manager for VMware. In the past he worked as presales and technical consultancy and architecture for several systems integrators. From 2009 until 2017 he was awarded with the VMware vExpert status. In the night time he dances latin, ballroom and salsa and he also discovered the pleasure of diving and woodworking. Recently he started blogging about smart homes and comfort in general.