VMware vSphere Update 1 updated
November 20th, VMware released VMware vSphere 4 Update 1 for ESX(i) and vCenter Server which included support for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2,support for View 4, support for DB2 database and improved support for Microsoft Clustering. But soon after that the first issue was presented, ‘Update 1 fails when HP Insight Manager agents are installed‘. To solve this issue VMware released an updated version of ESX 4.0 Update 1 which is called Update 1A. During the installation process Update 1A checks for running agents and stops them before continuing with the installation. ESX 4.0 Update 1A is available via vSphere Update Manager and the VMware Downloads site.
- VMware releases Update 3 for vSphere 5.5 and vCenter 5.5 by Alex Muetstege
- Microsoft’s Convenience Update breaks VMware… by Alex Muetstege
- VMware released Update 1 for vSphere 6 and much much more by Alex Muetstege
- App Volumes 2.10 released by Sander Martijn
- vSphere 5.5 Update 2 available now by Erik Scholten
The founder and driving force behind VMGuru. With over 19 years experience in IT, he now works as a Cloud Management Specialist at VMware Benelux. He worked as technical consultant, pre-sales and solutions architect for several systems integrators. He's a long time VMware VCP, VCP Desktop, VCA, VSP and VTSP and 9 year vExpert (2009 - 2017).