vSphere 4.0 Quick Start Guide
The idea was simple, provide an easy to use reference guide for all level administrators, consultants and architects.
Together Dave Mishchenko, Duncan Epping, Bernie Baker, Thomas Bryan, Stewart Radnidge and Alan Renoufhave write a great quick start guide which is available from Booksurge. Booksurge is an Amazon company which means Amazon sells it as of November 23rd for $15,99.
So what is the vSphere Quick Start Guide? 256 Pages of tips and hints on how to get around with vCenter, the Service Console and Powershell. Recently VMware introduced many new features in vSphere 4.0 and with this handy pocket guide you will learn about each of these new features. With each chapter, the pages in this essential guide will answer common questions while giving you unprecedented insight into: Expert tips & tricks, pitfalls to avoid, RemoteCLI & PowerCLI scripts, Configuration how to’s and Virtualization best practices.”
Judging the reputation of the authors, I think it’s $15,99 well spend. As soon as I’m home again I’m going to order a copy.
- The (Un)official VMware VCIX-NV Study Guide by Martijn Smit
- vCenter Server 6 Availability Guide by Erik Scholten
- VMware vSphere PowerCLI 6.0 Release 1 GA by Sander Martijn
- PowerShell Friday: Load PowerCLI from your own script by Anne Jan Elsinga
- Managing Amazon EC2 VMs from the vSphere client by Anne Jan Elsinga