SRM 4.0 released
Back in April we we’re the first to report the limited management and automation support in vSphere, but now VMware has released version 4.0 of vCenter Site Recovery Manager.
Besides that vCenter Site Recovery Manager can now be used with VMware’s vSphere 4 it has some additional new features and improvements, like:
- Support for NFS storage arrays;
- Support for Shared Recovery Sites;
- Support for VMware Fault Tolerance;
- Support for Distributed vSwitches;
- Maximum number of protected VMs increased to 1000;
- Graphical interface to advanced settings;
- Support for DB2 as an SRM database server;
- Fully compatible with Distributed Power Management.
Licensing remains to be socket based as it was the case with SRM 1.0
- VMware released Update 1 for vSphere 6 and much much more by Alex Muetstege
- VMware releases vRealize Orchestrator plug-in for vSphere… by Erik Scholten
- Bye bye, VMware vSphere C# client by Erik Scholten
- VMware releases Update 3 for vSphere 5.5 and vCenter 5.5 by Alex Muetstege
- vRealize Automation 7 – Improved Authentication by Erik Scholten
The founder and driving force behind VMGuru. With over 20 years experience in IT, he now works as a Cloud Management Specialist at VMware Benelux. He worked as technical consultant, pre-sales and solutions architect for several systems integrators.
He’s a long time VMware VCP, VCP Desktop, VCA, VSP and VTSP, vExpert Cloud (2017) and 9 year vExpert (2009 – 2017).