VMware GO & VMware vCenter Product Family
At VMworld 2009, which started yesterday, VMware launched two new products.
VMware GO and VMware vCenter Product Family.
VMware launched VMware GO which is targets small to medium sized businesses. VMware GO is a free beta service that makes it simple for clients to get started with virtualizing their applications. VMware Go is a web-based service which will let companies run multiple operating systems and applications on a single server. By doing so VMware helps SMBs to spend less money on hardware, energy and server administration. VMware Go beta will start next Monday and will be generally available in Q4 of 2009.
The second product, VMware vCenter Product Family, is actually a suite of existing VMware virtualization solutions . The suite is built on top of VMware vSphere 4 to help enterprises create and maintain dynamic and flexible IT infrastructures.
The vCenter family includes:
- AppSpeed to manage service level reporting for virtualized applications;
- CapacityIQ to manage capacity levels of virtual machines resources and data centers;
- ConfigControl, which checks compliance and configuration states;
- Site Recovery Manager, which automates disaster recovery tasks;
- LifeCycle Manager, which automates virtual machines from provisioning to retirement;
- Chargeback, which allocates infrastructure costs;
- And Lab Manager, which aims to ease development, quality assurance and pre-production environments.
VMware says that they have received an overwhelmingly positive response the latest generation of vSphere 4, with approximately 75 percent of customers planning to upgrade to VMware vSphere 4 within the next six months. VMware vCenter Product Family will probably help to boost sales and increase the number of customers wanting to upgrade.
The founder and driving force behind VMGuru. With over 20 years experience in IT, he now works as a Cloud Management Specialist at VMware Benelux. He worked as technical consultant, pre-sales and solutions architect for several systems integrators.
He’s a long time VMware VCP Data Center Virtualization, VCP Desktop, VCP Cloud Management & Automation, VCA, VSP and VTSP, vExpert Cloud (2017) and 9 year vExpert (2009 – 2017).