Building and maintaining the VMworld 2009 Datacenter
It is becoming a sequel, the datacenter VMware has build for this weeks VMworld 2009 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
The first video shows the VMware team building the complete datacenter on-site at the Moscone Center. During the video footage the awesome numbers representing this huge infrastructure run by.
In short? 28 racks containing 776 ESX servers which provide the infrastructure with 37TB of memory, 6.208 CPU cores and 348TB storage which uses 528KW electricity and is servicing 37.248 virtual machines. You will probably never find such an infrastructure anywhere in the world, at least I know I won’t.
- VMware releases vRealize Orchestrator plug-in for vSphere… by Erik Scholten
- VMworld 2014 – pre-conference impressions by Erik Scholten
- VMworld 2015: VMware introduces EVO SDDC by Erik Scholten
- Utility Computing – from Dream to Reality by Edwin Weijdema
- VMware EVO:Rail – Datacenter deployment EVOlution… by Alex Muetstege