vCenter Server Heartbeat announced
Yesterday VMware announced a new vCenter Server add-on, VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat.
As customers expand their use of VMware, maintaining a highly available management infrastructure is quickly becoming a key requirement. So VMware created a high availability solution for vCenter Server.
Today I participated in a VMware WebEx ‘Introducing VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat‘ where more details were uncovered. This information is under strict embargo and I was asked not to publish any detailed information on this subject, which I respect (and others do not :-(). So check out the news from VMWorld Europe 2009, I think we can tell you more as there is a session called ‘Chosing a Solution for vCenter Server Availability (DC10)‘ 😉
- vCenter availability with SMP-FT? by Sander Martijn
- vCenter Server 6 Availability Guide by Erik Scholten
- vCenter Server appliance 6.0 URL-based patching by Sander Martijn
- VMware releases vRealize Orchestrator plug-in for vSphere… by Erik Scholten
- How to monitor your VMware SDDC Management health? by Erik Scholten