Upgrading VMware vCenter server
While building the virtual enviroment for a client we are getting a lot of questions about how they should handle certain aspects in their new enviroment.
One of those questions is how they should handle upgrades, best practices etc.
While I was looking for some sites which could give them some nice information on this topic I came across the following article on the VMware site.
The article gives some information about how to handle an upgrade of the vCenter server. It tells you that you should stop certain services. Changes are that you get corruption in some of the VMware products when not following the guidelines given in the article.
- Monitor Windows services with the End-Point Operations Agent by Sander Martijn
- How to link VMware View desktop to its replica by Sander Martijn
- VMware releases first ShellShock patch by Alex Muetstege
- vCenter Server 6 Availability Guide by Erik Scholten
- vCenter availability with SMP-FT? by Sander Martijn
Sander Martijn is a Technical Professional for Conoscenza in The Netherlands. As a Technical Professional he works for different clients, building, troubleshooting and managing ICT infrastructures. He is a certified VMware VCP-DCV, VCP-DTM, several VSP and VTSP. Since 2015 he has been awarded vExpert status.