Browsing through your VC database like a drive
Yesterday I was browsing through the PowerShell scripts posted in the VI Toolkit community on the VMware site.
One of the scripts I immediately liked was the “Create a PSDrive to browse your inventory” script. With this script you can browse through your vCenter database like it was a drive.
You could just do
And now you can do all kinds of interesting stuff.
Link to the article: http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-3610
- Updated: Cisco UCS Inventory Script by Martijn Smit
- VMware Samples Exchange goes into beta by Martijn Smit
- Veeam PowerShell: Get Backup Job Storage Size by Martijn Smit
- PowerShell Friday: Load PowerCLI from your own script by Anne Jan Elsinga
- How to link VMware View desktop to its replica by Sander Martijn
Anne Jan Elsinga
Anne Jan Elsinga is a Technical Account Manager for VMware. In the past he worked as presales and technical consultancy and architecture for several systems integrators. From 2009 until 2017 he was awarded with the VMware vExpert status. In the night time he dances latin, ballroom and salsa and he also discovered the pleasure of diving and woodworking. Recently he started blogging about smart homes and comfort in general.