Google GM EMEA switches to VMware
VMware posted yesterday that there will be a new general manager for the EMEA area, Maurizio Carli.
He will be responsible for strategic planning, business operations and management of key functions for EMEA including sales, channels, services and marketing. He will report directly to Carl Eschenbach, Executive Vice President of Worldwide Field Operations.
To quote the VMware site:
Carli brings more than 20 years of experience in the technology industry and expansive knowledge of the EMEA region across several technology waves and economic cycles, including in-depth experience in emerging markets. He joins VMware from his most recent role as EMEA Managing Director for Google Enterprise. His prior roles include Senior Vice President and General Manager, EMEA for Business Objects and Vice President of the EMEA Software Group for IBM.
We wish him all the best in this very rapid growing market. Let’s hope that he will be in Cannes for VMworld Europe so we can interview him 😉
- End-User Computing track on VMworld 2014 Europe by Edwin Weijdema
- VMworld Europe 2014 General Session Wednesday Replay by Edwin Weijdema
- Follow general sessions live on VMware Now by Anne Jan Elsinga
- VMworld Europe 2014 General Session Live (day 2) by Edwin Weijdema
- VMworld Europe 2014 Day 1 Highlights by Sander Martijn