VMware ESX vs Microsoft Hyper-V
On Gabes Virtual World I read an article with the title ‘Unbelievable Hyper-V performance ‘. At first I was a bit shocked by the title. Hyper-V good performance? That the complete opposite to my own experience with Microsofts virtualization attempt. But luckily what Gabe ment was ‘Unbelievable BAD Hyper-V performance ‘.
You can read the complete article here.
A max score of 1,875 VMs per core where VMware ESX on the same hardware does 3,5 VMs per core. Maybe the test is not 100% accurate but with these scores maybe someone should step up and do a real hypervisor performance comparison (same hardware, load, etc).
- New release – Veeam Task Manager for Hyper-V by Erik Scholten
- StarWind compared to VMware and Hyper-V by Sander Martijn
- Webinar: Storage Best Practices for Hyper-V & SQL… by Erik Scholten
- Webinar: Building a Highly Available Hyper-V Cluster by Sander Martijn
- VMworld 2015: VMware introduces EVO SDDC by Erik Scholten
The founder and driving force behind VMGuru. With over 20 years experience in IT, he now works as a Cloud Management Specialist at VMware Benelux.
He worked as technical consultant, pre-sales and solutions architect for several systems integrators.
He’s a long time VMware VCP, VCP Desktop, VCA, VSP and VTSP, vExpert Cloud (2017) and 9 year vExpert (2009 – 2017).